On May 25, I was nominated by B&WBears for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am honored and humbled by this nomination which comes second to the audience given to me by B&WBears and my 92 other followers, all of whom I would like to thank for lending me their eyes, hearts and minds from time to time. Thank you all!
B&WBears is an awesome blog that will send you around the world through a portal that is your own computer screen. They have captured images so beautiful and mesmerizing that they have themselves brought inspiration to me and many others. Congratulations B&WBears and thank you for the pleasant surprise!
I hope I am not responding to this honor too late. I am new at this! If I’ve missed a step, please inform me.
In accordance with this nomination, I must share seven facts about myself, so here it goes…
1) Shainbird is my pseudonym; it is an anagram of my real name.
2) Although it sounds masculine, I am a woman.
3) I am a journalist; but here at this blog, I enjoy writing about feelings and not just sticking to the facts.
4) I happily believe I’m an optimist in a crowded world populated by a majority of optimists!
5) I enjoy reading more non-fiction than fiction.
6) I love film noir, (although it contains much pessimism).
7) I love to run; it is the only time when I am left alone. (I wish I could say that about when I write.)
Another part of this honor is to nominate 15 other blogs. This is a challenge because there are so many great blogs out there. However, I would like to nominate these wonderful blogs that have more than inspired me. They have caused me to think, smile, float and write! That is a description of my perfect day. I understand bloggers get busy and may not respond to certain awards, but I want to let the blogosphere know who I like out here. There are many inspirational blogs out there of which I am unaware. I hope to get to them sooner than later. Please visit these blogs as they may do for you what they have done for me!
1) The Ancient Eavesdropper
2) The Arkside Of Thought | Poetry, Philosophy, Politics & Life
3) Bastet And Sekhmet
5) Darby Marioth
6) Deconstructing Myths
8) Liars, Hypocrites & The Development Of Human Emotion
9) Michele D’Acosta
11) The RunningFather Blog
12) The Seeker’s Dungeon
13) We Drink Because We’re Poets
15) The Writ Of Imagination
Copyright © 2013 Shainbird. All rights reserved.